Section intended for our employees and their family members to keep them informed of the measures implemented by Canam in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.
January 7, 2021 Update
The operations of Canam Group’s Quebec plants affect the work of colleagues well beyond the borders of Quebec. Yesterday, the Premier of Quebec made several announcements, including the implementation of an 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. curfew for the general population and, for the manufacturing sector, the reduction of activities to meet the contractual obligations of affected companies. Despite the curfew, evening and night shift operations will be maintained.
Although the communication was made by the Quebec government, the transmission of the COVID-19 virus is high in all the regions where we operate, and we are convinced that changes and improvements can be made in all our facilities. It is imperative to protect our production colleagues with critical positions that are indispensable to the continuation of our essential activities.
Telework is mandatory for office employees in all Quebec locations. In our facilities located elsewhere, be vigilant about the instructions issued by your governments, but if you can telework, we strongly recommend that you do so for your protection, that of your colleagues and our operations.
This rule excludes workers whose physical presence is deemed absolutely necessary for the continuation of the organization’s activities. Canam Group asks you to respect this measure and to access the premises only when necessary.
Curfew and transportation – Quebec
To allow employees who must travel during curfew hours to justify their travel between 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., we will provide them with a letter to that effect. In the event of a police check, it will be easier for these employees to demonstrate that their travel is related to their job.
IMPORTANT: compliance with measures
In all our locations, especially in production areas where a greater number of workers are present, it is imperative to continue to comply with the rules in place:
- Mask: mandatory when circulating in common areas. In production areas, follow your facility’s rules regarding safety in terms of wearing a mask, faceshields and safety glasses. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask your supervisor.
- 2-metre distance: the physical distance of 2 metres must be maintained at all times. If work must be performed within 2 metres of a coworker, local measures for each situation are in place and must be complied with.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Separation of work teams: stay as much as possible in your work area and avoid unnecessary circulation.
- If carpooling is not already prohibited in your facility, it is strongly recommended that you do not carpool.
- Only essential suppliers are allowed access to our workplaces.
- Use the sanitizing products at your disposal when necessary.
- Follow the instructions for confirmed, suspected or contact COVID-19 cases: read the information in this one double-sided page document (Calgary, Mississauga).
- Any other special rules set up locally in your facility.
Thank you all for your usual collaboration.