Summary of Instructions
When an employee, visitor or subcontractor meets one of the following conditions, access to Canam sites is prohibited:
- They have travelled out of the country or been on a commercial flight within the last 14 days*
- They have a combination of symptoms related to COVID-19:
- Dry cough
- Breathing difficulties
- Loss of smell
- They are awaiting results from a COVID-19 test.
- They have had contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19
An employee who meets these conditions must:
- Place themselves in mandatory isolation for a period of 14 days
- Monitor their health for the next 14 days
- If symptoms occur (combination of fever, dry cough, respiratory problems, loss of smell):
- Report immediately to your Human Resources Manager
- Consult a health care practitioner immediately
* Truckers who are symptom-free and delivering goods from abroad do not have to be placed in temporary isolation.
Reminder: mandatory isolation pay
- In case of mandatory isolation requested by Canam Group or quarantine requested by the competent authorities :
- The employee will be paid either by an applicable wage loss replacement plan or by Canam.
- In the event of the appearance of symptoms related to the COVID-19, the employee could be paid by Canam Group’s group insurance since they would be considered to have a short-term disability.