Claremont, NH, United States
Canam is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,650 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
The Administrative Assistant performs various administrative functions for management. Functions involve the preparation of various reports, the analysis of reports with recommended actions, and the supervision and monitoring of work activities within the group, department, or office.
- Compile data for and prepare a variety of reports. May include financial, quality, or production reports.
- Assists with coordinating travel plans for employees and visitors.
- Manage mail system for department and manager.
- Coordinate activities of the support staff for the production of materials from first draft to distribution.
- Receive visits or calls regarding complaints which may be resolved or referred to the proper person for resolution.
- Responsible for following up on action of a court, committee, assigned group, etc., to ensure that decisions are implemented, contracts are prepared, and appropriate parties are notified.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate files.
- Attend some meetings, seminars, etc., possibly to take notes or furnish information.
- Do research for a project or a legal matter.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint or Google Suite to include Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Organized and a self-starter.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must have the ability to perform multi-task functions.
- H.S. diploma or an AA degree preferred.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.
Administrative / Clerical