Bridge Project Coordinator
Greater Boston Area,, United States
Canam Group is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,650 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
Canam is seeking a Project Coordinator to support and assist the Project Management Department by maintaining the project schedule.
- Have a “Safety First” attitude throughout the project;
- Work with detailing, production, quality control, quality assurance and client to ensure all the information and documentation are flowing seamlessly from each point to another;
- Ability to read, understand work specifications and contract responsibilities, and work with Project Manager to plan accordingly and make sure all contractual requirements are met;
- Participate in activities along with Project Manager to ensure projects meet cost requirements;
- Coordinate with necessary departments and subcontractors/suppliers to determine the scheduling of work and material as well as collecting and organizing the required documents and reports;
- Attend meetings with customers and vendors to identify potential barriers with resolutions that maximize production and minimize costs;
- Assist the Project Manager with change orders, budget schedule, claims, safety, staff, etc;
- Visit project site as needed and required. This may consist of out of state travel;
- Monitor daily activities related to progress of the project and report to Project Manager and upper management.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and/or experience;
- 2 to 5 years of experience with exposure to fabrication/erection of bridge and heavy structural projects with major scope;
- Experience with management of subcontractors and suppliers is a plus;
- General understanding of profit/loss for projects;
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, reporting tools;
- Ability to take on multiple roles for projects;
- Moderate to high level of proficiency operating MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Office, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint;
- General understanding of steel fabrication;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English. Bilingual in English and French is a plus;
- Travel may be required up to 25%.
Based in South Boston
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.