Business Development Manager
Claremont, NH, United States
Canam Group is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,900 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
Conducts sales and business development activities consistent with corporate mission, values and departmental financial objectives.
Location: New York or New Jersey
- Meet the Canam business development objectives as established by the National Business Development Manager.
- Identify and qualify companies with building construction needs in the industrial, commercial and institutional sectors.
- Continually research targeted customer profile, needs and develop better building solution offers.
- Promote Canam products and services in collaboration with consultants to the construction industry.
- Travel on a regular basis to maintain and build, on established businesses, relationships with customers.
- Obtain information required to prepare complete estimate.
- Interpret and explain proposals to customer including exclusions and qualifications
- Negotiate contractual agreement.
- Monitor activities and pricing levels of competitors.
- Develop a strong network of contacts with engineers, architects, contractors, developers in the building construction industry.
- Collaborate with pre-construction coordinator, the engineering, estimating and project management team.
- Work with Canam Sales Representatives in the local territory to share leads and strategy.
- Attend to and participate in construction industry conferences, seminars, trade shows and various networking events.
- Identify new business opportunities and provide expertise and support to the design and construction communities for the commercialization of new and existing Canam products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering preferred.
- Five years sales experience in the construction industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of building construction combined with steel design concepts presented on architectural and engineering drawings.
- Ability to understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite software with experience using a CRM platform.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents, financial reports and legal documents.
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, customer service, and presentation skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Knowledge and history of acceptable selling practices in this specific industry and the ability to establish good rapport with customers.
- Ability to travel frequently across the territory.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.