Demand Forecast Analyst
Boucherville, QC or Mississauga, ON or Quebec, QC, Canada
Canam Group is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,750 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
- Deliver leading market information, based on market segments and trendlines.
- Work with the Sales Organization to help Business Development Managers focus resources on areas and construction projects to win new sales.
- Create revenue plan (volume and price) by market.
- Collaborate with Value Streams and assist in the development of forecast used in annual business planning and long term strategic planning (2-10 years).
- Accountable to develop and maintain weekly S&OP demand forecast by product by plant.
- Perform root cause analysis on forecast accuracy and bias on an ongoing basis and address issues proactively.
- B.S. in Economics, Math, Analytics, Engineering or similar technical degree.
- 5 years experience in demand forecasting and S&OP
- Database experience into query with tools such as SQL, SAS, Alterex.
- Highly trusted with the management of confidential data.
- Ability to work independently and driven to hit deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with particularly well-developed skills to drive issue resolution throughout the supply chain.
- Self-starter who will drive change and challenge traditional environment through a continuous improvement mindset.
- Travel across North America required (up to 20% of time).
- MS in Economics, Analytics, Applied Math or Quantitative MBA concentration.
- Demonstrated programming and bigdata capability with R or Python, MATLAB or similar.
- Database experience with SQL, Access, Oracle, Alterex, Data Guru or similar.
- Experience with Lean principles and Six Sigma.
- Bilingual in English and French.
Canam Group Inc. appreciates your interest in this position.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.