Washington, MO, United States
Canam Group is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,750 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
Prepare simple, clear, complete and accurate layout plans, sections, and bills of material from contract documents in accordance with customer’s requirements and industry practices and consistent with corporate mission, values and department objectives.
- Examine documents such as contract drawings, specifications, and change orders, to verify completeness and accuracy of data according to designer’s drawings;
- Prepare layout drawings for submission to customer for written approval;
- Generate bills of material for Canam products based on layout drawings;
- Check accuracy and completeness of layout drawings and bills of materials generated by self as well as others;
- Issue final field use construction documents for use by the customer;
- Coordinate with steel erection drawings as required;
- Maintain job files in appropriate computerized file directory for access by other departments;
- Notify Project Management of any change in scope due to revised drawings or customer request and post changes to computerized or manual control records;
- Confer with document originators to resolve discrepancies and comply required changes of documents;
- Incorporate and compile any possible adjustments or changes made necessary by revised documents;
- Confer with and provide customer support throughout the erection process. See that layout has been updated per customer’s instructions using approved drawings. Confer with customers on unanswered questions on drawings.
- Use computer associated drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software;
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective manner with customers, coworkers, clients and supervisors;
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associate degree or equivalent, or certification from trade/technical school in a related discipline;
- Drafting experience in steel construction preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, specifications, governmental regulations, drawings and job specifications;
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Ability to speak effectively with customers.
Constant exposure to computer display and general office equipment. Occasionally exposed to shop environment.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.
Engineering / Drafting