Buckeye, AZ, United States
Canam is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,750 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
Prepare simple, clear, complete and accurate joist layout plans, sections, and bills of material from contract documents in accordance with customer’s requirements and industry practices and consistent with corporate mission, values and department objectives.
- Read, analyze and interpret technical drawings, job specifications and change orders to verify integrity and accuracy of data in compliance with contract requirements, industry standards and government regulations.
- Use computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software to produce layout drawings and lists of materials; consult with the Engineering department as needed.
- Update layouts according to customer instructions; verify dimensions and incorporate adjustments based on revised drawings as necessary.
- Communicate effectively with customers, coworkers and supervisors in compliance with Canam’s mission, guiding principles and values.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent certification from a trade or technical school with a minimum of one year of work experience in the construction industry, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Construction or structural related drafting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, government regulations, drawings and job specifications.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
Constant exposure to computer display and general office equipment. Occasionally exposed to shop environment.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.
Engineering / Drafting