Buckeye, AZ, United States
Based on contract documents and customers’ requirements and in collaboration with team members and project partners, the Drafter will prepare deck layout plans and other documents for the industrial, institutional and commercial markets.
As a member of our drafting and design team, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Draft and detail deck layouts according to customer requirements and standard practices;
- Perform deck detailing and create bills of material for Canam products;
- Issue final field use construction documents for use by the customer;
- Coordinate with steel erection drawings;
- Confer with and provide customer support throughout the erection process.
- Collaborate with Project Management of any change in scope due to revised drawings or customer request.
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent, or certification from trade or technical school in a related discipline;
- Drafting experience in structural steel preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, governmental regulations, drawings and job specifications;
- Use of computer associated drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software;
- Ability to speak effectively with customers.
Constant exposure to computer display and general office equipment. Occasionally exposed to shop environment.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.
Engineering / Drafting