Allentown, PA or Buckeye, AZ or Easton, MA or Jacksonville, FL or Point of Rocks, MD or Washington, MO, United States
Analyze and interpret contract drawings, specifications, and other documentation to prepare cost estimates for steel joist and deck products, projects, or services. Consult with customers, vendors, or other key individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues. Keen eye for detail and a quick worker.
- Review contract documents to determine material requirements and prepare itemized lists.
- Utilize BlueBeam to conduct efficient takeoffs.
- Communicate with Canam sales representatives, customers, and engineers to clarify discrepancies or questions in the contract documents to ensure an accurate estimate.
- Prepare scope of work along with all exclusions, clarifications and conditions. List all bid documents with dates used in preparation of estimate.
- Input material takeoffs into Canam design and pricing software to generate a proposal for the sales representative.
- Identify opportunities for value engineering to enhance the overall proposal to the customer.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. Experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum 2 years related experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of engineering and design concepts in the structural steel and joist and deck industry.
- PC skills to include the following software: MS Word, Excel, GSuite, and BlueBeam.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.