Responsible for preparing material estimates by analyzing structural drawings, blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documents. Consult with customers, vendors or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues. Keen eye for detail and a quick worker. Using Excel and other specific software while ensuring that all project criteria is met.
- Gather, examine and interpret information from project documents: specifications, structural plans, architectural plans, and structural steel connections from plans or engineers;
- Complete estimation – take off – for all steel elements used for structural projects;
- Complete estimation for connections between elements: connection material bolts and welds;
- Report discrepancies and missing information from the biding documents;
- Detect possible problems between structural and architectural building parts and propose solutions;
- Complete necessary key plans and lists (with specific software and Excel) to identify the steel elements and connections estimated;
- Generate the necessary reports to be delivered to the client.
- Technical faculty diploma;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, specifications, governmental regulations, drawings and job specifications;
- Self-organized, attentive, capable to make decisions based on accumulate knowledge;
- Computer skills;
- Medium level knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of the English language;
- Good learning and communication skills;
- We will provide a training program upon hiring for specific standards, norms and software (6-8 weeks).
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Continuous professional development;
- Superior and modern work environment;
- Accident insurance, business travel insurance and private medical care;
- Recognition program for loyalty;
- On-site daycare center for employee’s children ages 2 to 5;
- Food tickets;
- In the case that a public holiday falls on a weekend, we offer the compensation of a day off during the week;
- Profit Sharing program for all employees;
- Private and free parking;
- Social activities.
Engineering / Drafting