Claremont, NH, United States
Fit and assemble structural framework, components and materials such as angle iron, I beams and other steel components, performing such work consistent with the corporate mission and values and produces a product that meets recognized standards and customer expectations by maintaining quality procedures.
Basic Fundamental Functions:
- Lay out, position, align and fit together fabricated parts of structural metal products according to blueprint and layout specifications.
- Must pass all tack tests: GMAW (Mig), FACW (Flux Core), SMAW (Stick).
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by functioning and communicating in an effective manner with customers, coworkers, clients and supervisors.
- Perform daily cleaning and maintenance of area.
- Work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor including, but not limited to, cleaning, trashscrap removal, and other production-related jobs.
- Assist in yearly audited inventory process.
Support the Canam Lean Initiative through active engagement and participation in continuous process improvement projects based on the Lean Manufacturing Principles by:
- Participating in trainings and continuing education events to develop a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles and build a consistent “Lean Way of Thinking”;
- Assisting in the collection of data, participating in Kaizen workshops and contributing to the implementation of solutions, replicating successful improvements, sharing lessons learned and providing feedback on opportunities for change that will further the continuous improvement process.
Essential functions – required within 45 days after trial period:
- Perform basic crane operation.
- Properly fit mill to bear stiffeners.
- Operate various pieces of grinding equipment for extended periods.
- Operate cutting and heating torches – ability to accurately perform simple heat corrections.
- With minimal assistance, check camber and sweep tolerances of girders and beams and be able to effectively make necessary corrections per pertinent codes and specifications.
- Tack weld in all positions using multiple welding processes.
- Grind parts, torque bolts and operate mechanical and manual cutting equipment.
- Produce a finished product that meets recognized standards, codes and customer expectations by maintaining quality procedures and practices within the guidelines of AWS D1.5 fitting tolerances.
- Identify potential hazards and make necessary corrections.
- Read and interpret weld symbols on shop drawings and prints, and apply information accordingly.
- Education and/or experience.
- Basic layout skills and math skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. All applications necessary to adequately perform required tasks.
- Ability to pass background check, pre-employment physical and drug-screening test.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance with the ability to work overtime and weekends.
- Posess strong sense of urgency.
- Work independently and as a cooperative team player.
- Willingly take direction from supervisory and lead personnel.
- Adhere to quality procedures and demonstrate strong safety awareness and prevention.
386 River Road
Claremont, New Hampshire 03743
The ability to stand continuously is essential with occasional walking and sitting. The nature of the position will require employee to perform a wide range of physcial activites ranging from pushing and pulling, lifting and carrying heavy objects (60–100 lbs) to climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending and handling. Repetitive finger, hand and arm motions are required. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. Is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. Exposed to the risk of flash burn of eyes and exposed skin burns. Noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.