Jr. Maintenance Technician/Janitor
South Plainfield, NJ, United States
Canam is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,650 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
Support production operations by performing preventive electrical/mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of steel deck production machines and equipment and coil coating line. Additionally, keep building and shop areas in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairs on electrical/mechanical systems.
- Assist with analyzing, troubleshooting, and repair equipment — overhead cranes, roll formers, press brakes and resistance welders. Assist with the servicing and repairing of more complex equipment.
- Clean all office areas, conference rooms, and lobby area.
- Service, clean, disinfect and supply all kitchens, cafeterias and restrooms.
- Grounds maintenance, including snow removal, when necessary.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective manner with customers, co-workers, clients and supervisors.
- Work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Comply with applicable regulations and Canam and departments safety program.
Staggered shift (12 PM to 8:30 PM)
- 1-3 years mechanical and electrical maintenance experience.
- Some experience in welding and fabricating.
- Knowledge of overhead cranes, bearings, hydraulics, electrical panels (120V, 240V, 480V) and electric motors and drives.
- Ability to read measurements accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Some experience in operating, troubleshooting and repairing various types of production machinery preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- PLC knowledge/experience preferred.
14 Harmich Road
South Plainfield, New Jersey 07080
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.