Machine Operator – First Shift
Peru, IL, United States
Perform typical machine shop and roll forming press operations to support the production floor.
- Operate roll forming machine, using basic knowledge of computerized machine functions, machine set-ups and operation.
- Cross-trained on at least one other equipment operation (welders, benders or shear)
- Operate overhead cranes.
- Identify and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products.
- Load products on flatbed trucks.
- Produce top quality product.
- Meet Customer delivery requirements.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Work safely and follow company safety policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor including, but not limited to, cleaning, scrap removal and other production related jobs.
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred.
- Basic Knowledge of the English language
- Ability to read measurements accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Some experience preferred in the operation, troubleshooting and repair of production machinery in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Standing for most of the shift, walking, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Working near moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Noise in work environment is usually very loud.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.