Buckeye, AZ, United States
Canam is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,900 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
Direct and coordinate maintenance activities of the facility, rolling stock and production equipment in a safe and efficient manner consistent with corporate mission, guiding principles and financial objectives.
- Schedule preventive maintenance and coordinate with production and operations.
- Assist in developing and implementing the capital planning, plant equipment procurement and installation, design and operations needs of the facility.
- Manage the activities of the contractors and vendors.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs on electrical/mechanical systems.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and repair equipment — overhead cranes, roll formers, press brakes and resistance welders. Assist with the servicing and repairing of more complex equipment.
- Coordinate and supervise activities of personnel, determining specific work assignments.
- Ensure availability of materials, anticipating requirements and reordering.
- Interface with production, plant manager and scheduling as needed.
- Ensure work environment is safe by following prescribed guidelines.
- Administer the consistent and equitable application of company policies.
- Direct scheduling of maintenance/production requirements to ensure optional performance.
- Ensure employees receive proper training on company equipment as required by OSHA Regulations.
- Ensure repairs and maintenance to all equipment and facilities are performed in a neat workmanship like manner.
- Ensure all work is performed and completed in conformance with any related codes, guidelines or standards established by a manufacturer or regulating body.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct installation of new equipment and plant expansions.
- Other responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work. Appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure safety of all employees through proper training and instruction.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- An Associate’s Degree or Trade License preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience as a maintenance supervisor. Manufacturing plant preferred.
- Must have strong electromechanical knowledge, including, but not limited to, an understanding of hydraulic circuits, building systems, and a working knowledge of personal computers.
- Experience in welding and fabricating.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.