Jacksonville, FL, United States
Canam Group is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,650 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
2nd Shift Position
Support production operations by performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of production machines and equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and/or mechanical systems to minimize downtime;
- Analyze, troubleshoot and repair equipment; assist with the servicing and repair of more complex industrial equipment;
- Use a cutting torch, fabricate and weld;
- Troubleshoot and repair gearboxes, motors, chain conveyors and overhead cranes;
- Comply with applicable regulations and the department’s Safety program.
- High School diploma or GED required;
- Ability to read measurements accurately;
- At least two years’ experience required in industrial/shop environment operating, repairing and troubleshooting all types of production machinery;
- Electrical and/or PLC knowledge a plus;
- Lean or continuous improvement experience a plus;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Standing for most of the shift, walking, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reaching with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
- Frequently bend at the waist, sometimes climb or balance;
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs;
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Working near moving mechanical parts;
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles;
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock;
- Noise in work environment is usually loud;
- Personal Protective Equipment must be worn (safety boots, safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs)
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.