Quality Control Manager
Jacksonville, FL, United States
Canam Group is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,650 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with contract requirements and the quality control plan. Inspects structures, equipment, engineering hardware, parts and materials. Documents any discrepancies and assures proper disposition.
- Plans and formulates inspection plans. Directs the activities for assigned work units to ensure compliance with contractual requirements. Determines work schedules, priorities and work assignments of employees.
- Determines quality assurance methodology and techniques to be used in inspecting and testing systems or materials. Conducts quality assurance audits and prepares reports to document findings.
- Coordinates with other departments to accomplish assigned work. Advises other managers on the status of work. Interfaces and acts as a liaison with customers, contractors and suppliers. Reviews and recommends changes and/or resolves technical problems.
- Provides technical and operational support and/or services to ensure quality assurance standards are met by providing support to various project tasks. Develops reports and papers on the progress and status of assigned projects. Develops corrective actions to support task problems and failures.
- Prepares or coordinates the preparation of quality assurance reports, requirements, etc., in response to requests for proposals, quotes, brochures, manuals etc. May review quality assurance program plans, proposals and inspection plans.
- Performs various administrative activities for assigned departments, including approving time sheets and vacation requests, preparing performance appraisals and planning new work systems and methods.
- Supervises Quality Control Coordinators and/or administrative employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- HS Diploma
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- 5 years or more of progressive management skills
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.