Rock Hill, SC, United States
Canam is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,900 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
- Design building components using computer software and hand calculations;
- Clarify and resolve discrepancies with engineering documents on production lines; study and validate contract requirements, raise queries and request clarification where necessary;
- Redesign members for greater economy and compare design weight with sales weight;
- Understand and have the ability to improve methods and processes within the organization;
- Review contract documents and draft work for completeness and proper depiction of special loading conditions;
- Give clear instructions to drafters on jobs to ensure that designs are understood;
- Provide technical support to clients, erectors, installers and shop order technicians;
- Meet project schedule requirements;
- Provide assistance in solving field problems, making site visits to discuss field modifications if necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with structural emphasis;
- Two (2) years of experience with structural analysis and design of steel, concrete and composite components is preferred;
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computer-aided drafting tools such as AutoCAD is desired;
- Strong communication skills are needed as the successful candidate will interact with other engineers, technicians, project managers and clients.
- Constant exposure to a computer screen and general office equipment.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.
Engineering / Drafting