Claremont, NH, United States
Perform welding of various company products in compliance with the corporate mission and values, and departmental financial objectives.
- Produce fillet welds in the 3F position using FCAW and SMAW.
- Inspect welds and ensure that they are complete and of good quality; identify and correct unsatisfactory welds.
- Operate track torches and use air arc equipment.
- Operate automated machines, including the web to flange LT and the gantry.
- Set up welding machines.
- Set up and weld splices.
- Read and interpret weld symbols on shop drawings and blueprints.
- Read and interpret welding gauges and tape measures in both standard and metric units.
- Produce a finished product that meets recognized standards and customer expectations by maintaining quality procedures.
- Assist and mentor other welders.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective and courteous manner with customers, coworkers, clients, and supervisors.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three to five years of related welding experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Steel/bridge experience preferred.
- Previous FCAW, SMAW, SAW welding certifications; must be able to pass in-house certification tests according to D1.5 and NYSSCM requirements.
- Must pass test and be qualified to weld FCAW 3G.
- Must pass test and qualify to weld SMAW 3G.
- Must pass tests and qualify to weld using manual and automated SAW.
- Must pass tests and qualify to weld SMAW and FCAW 4G.
- Ability to understand Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS).
- Certified and experience in operating all automated welding machines.
- Understand the company’s “Travelers” documentation.
The ability to stand continuously is essential with occasional walking and sitting. The nature of this position also requires the employee to perform a wide range of physical activities, ranging from pushing and pulling, lifting and carrying heavy objects (60–100 lb), to climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending and handling with repetitive finger movements. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The employee will work near moving mechanical parts and in exterior weather conditions with regular exposure to fumes or airborne particles, occasional exposure to the risk of electrical shock, exposure to the risk of flash burn and burns to exposed skin. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
This is a Safety-Sensitive Position. A safety-sensitive position has been defined as one where the employee’s responsibilities impact the health and safety of themselves, coworkers and/or the public (in this case the end-user of our product). All production and production support positions fall into this category.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.