Jacksonville, FL, United States
Canam Group is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,650 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
Complete welding of company products consistent with corporate mission, values and departmental financial objectives.
- Perform production welding normally required by the company’s shop;
- Read and interpret shop drawings and blueprints;
- Ensure that all welds are complete;
- Butt welds materials to conform to specified dimensions;
- Other duties may also be assigned.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- One to three years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions;
- Pass any standard, recognized test required to perform production welding.
- Stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance;
- The employee must be capable of lifting 50 lbs;
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions;
- Regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles;
- The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock;
- The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of flash burn of eyes and exposed skin burned by sparks and flash;
- The noise in the work environment is usually very loud.
Canam is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled and participates in the E-Verify program.